King Street Community Church aims in every way to lead people to live for Jesus Christ.
Once a person is connected to the Body of Christ (see Ephesians 1:22-23), part of his/her identity in Christ is that of a servant. We serve God and we serve others. In fact, we serve God in significant ways by serving others.
There are all kinds of opportunities for both individuals and families to serve. And, your servant heart can be used within the walls of our church, throughout our city, country or globe.
- Serve at King (Volunteer)
- Serve In Our City (Local Outreach Efforts — Our Jerusalem)
- Serve Throughout Canada (National Outreach Efforts — Our Judea and Samaria)
- Serve Around the World (Global Outreach Efforts — Our Ends of the Earth)
Our philosophy of global and local outreach is based on the biblical model found in Acts 1:8. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” We are deeply committed to reaching across the fence and around the world!
Our hope is for the church to establish and maintain effective partnerships that impact both our local and global contexts. 70 per cent of our outreach budget is allocated to global outreach (ends of the earth) and the remaining 30 per cent is allocated to local outreach (Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria).